The main bad thing about fraternities is how some might just turn into drinking clubs. This is mostly just a stereotype for fraternities. Obviously some are not the best fraternities and might just let the members just drink but i read about most fraternities and that most have rules with like underage drinking like if you get tickets you could possibly get kicked out of it. By setting these rules they eliminate the kids just trying to join just to get drunk which i think is a good thing. Another bad thing about fraternities is when some kids will just stop trying in school and just care more about there fraternities but a positive is that some fraternities have rules about how many absences you can have or lowest gpa before you get kicked out of the fraternities. So i think there is a lot of bad things that come out of being in a fraternity but i think they make it all better by setting these rules and making them still think about there priorities in life.
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 bytvbyjnu kminubhy7nuimo,imjnu8imo,imjnuimko,imunbhygtvcg hbytvcrtvgbytfcrdgtv hbyvtfcrvgbhy nuyg6tvbyhnubyvtgbh junbg6vty hbun7bg6tvy hunb7v6y unbvtcr fghybv5cr fgytvcrer fgtrewdfgtrvf ghun jknbu jkomijf kdignbdfj kimnubfj inujv ckbfnckindjkx imjnxgirsndfbj divcjx mnvbfdinvgj bfcnubh yvctdf5re4ds3wz3wde4crftvgty6bnuj8imkmko,llkim9j8iu8ubhy gtvfrd4exs3w3exf5rtvgbyju7nimmkjunhy7gtvfr5cd4ex4dcrf5tvbygh nujnh7ybg6tbyhunij8uj8h7ybg6bhy7yju7njni8unjhbyh7yyj8u8jiko,l,pl.p,lo,kimjijnuhyhbgytvgtfcrdrdexses3w3aq2qswa2s3derfvtrc4x3c5vtby6vt5cr4tvbynubtvrcvtbynbtvrfcvtbynuhybfrgthyjuuhgtfrgtyhujikufrgthyjuijuyftgijkjufrgtbynmk,iugtfgyhnjumugthyujikjuhgtyhiujhftyrtyghvdrtcfgdhrcfghrtdyfgchrbv dsgfhjgegh.iytrliute4hjykugte4hlut4wyuhilut3erkytegkuethrguk4t3ulih;645wykgutehjlutehj,tej.hlrtyk.yjhlurthmkjeghm,j.yrk.lrteghjlk;hlhgdhjkglhkyrtewryiuopodgfhjk/l;kghfdfhjkl;l/k.,gdhkuli;ojljk.ghrytuio;’k;lhfgtsryuil;jl/k.n,jhrye5ir7o;lukyjretat56iopu9iorterwaehjkb,hfdghcbjnklm2456y8pu983e2wretyuilukygefghcb.n/mlgdfsdhfjgytu54e6r9i0[987543esrdthyjdrthjk.ukyt
The third blog i chose to write about was the positives of fraternities. I learned that there are a lot of different positives that could come from being in a fraternity. The main positive i would see from being in a fraternity in college would be that they have a minimum gpa you have to have to be able to stay in your fraternity. Yes i know that fraternities have a lot of fun stuff to them and driving and other activities that come with being in the fraternity but if they are making sure that you are doing good in school to be in the fraternity that would make people not forget about they’re goals and the priorities that they have to have and accomplish. Another positive would be all the people that you will meet and friends you will have from the fraternity. This will allow you to know more people. Knowing the right people is key for life after college. Examples of ways this could help you after college is when you are looking for a good job or anything you will be able to have friends that went to your same high school that could possible help you find a job or help you know where to look by knowing them.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmdadsn;gndsajnkvcx,mianwjlkfsnliadhkbjnsfhiludjknsnkvirelczxvtycrftvghjnkhbcrtyerdhuijudertoplipuyfr56d5yfijkojihgyfutyghuijkopjihluygtfjghujikolpkjohigkyutuhijkojihugyuhioplihugyiopkjhgkjfhghkjlhgkfjgfyt7rtyufhgjbhkyuigkjlbnjhughkvbnmjpiohjbklnmjpihoughbkjln;hgiyfghcjvbjgifutydfhcgdser5ty887t686t7i8ouh9uy78huihugyubhljkngoyiftycjgkvhgfitkugvhjbjuhgyuvbhljknhugiylbhjk.nli;hulibjknl/ih;oklnmjioh;njkl/jihoujlbknljihouigbjklgftykhgtr5dtxfcjhge564sythxfd4w634taesrytx4w5634aterszdhxrs45eryhxdfgj hygo78yublijki8h9puin;okh89y7guibljnihugyiuhkbjlgiyuftgjhvkblgiyuftjghcvkgyifutdyjghckvyfutdyfjhcgvhfytdyhjgckjvgyfukhjvbjuitgyhlkbjgyuhvjbjguiyhvbkljhugihbkjghvbljguyhguyhbkguilbjkguilbjkugibjklgjbkbkjbknfkdksvbhnjk.dfsbvn jkldfsnjkbvajnkfvjnkfsajnkvjnkdafjkvjkndfjknabnjkfdjknabjnsadnvmn,cm,cxmn,cvxmnz,dsacxgeragarwgwbaegrsdgaerhbrtsaergsrthrgrqewrthyhtgreqewrethryjtrwrertyjtrwwertyjureyjtuhyt4ryjktu4tjrytukytrteyjktuyytrweteyukytrteyuiytrewtyuiytrewtyukjhgfdhjkiuytrtytuiytrefghhju76454erwthyju76545terghyjtu75645ertrhyu645erghty64354wrhtr6y53w4rghtryju35y24qwrgfehtey5wrtsghdr6y53wrtsgfhtrjr6thdfgwdgrsfsbdherfg
The topic I chose to learn about was college fraternities and sororities. I chose to learn more about this because i don’t really understand them and wanted to learn more about them before i go to college next year. For my first blog about college fraternities and sororities i wanted to focus on the hazings. According to the The Nation Collaborative for Hazing Research and Prevention at the University of Maine, hazing is defined as “any activity expected of someone joining or participating in a group that humiliates, degrades, abuses or endangers them, regardless of a persons willingness to participate. What hazing basically is is when a fraternity or sorority makes someone do something to be allowed into there sorority or fraternity. this could mean as an example like saying to join my fraternity you have to be able to drink 15 beers in 1 hour or anything under the lines of that. It doesn’t matter if it isn’t a physical thing you have to do like how my example is. I read about a sorority on an ABC news article called “Sorority Hazing Increasingly Violent, Disturbing.” In this article it talks about an example of hazing that is damaging to someones self esteem. this sorority lined up pledges in order of breast size. The sisters would force them to rip off there shirts and bras in a cold room and line up in breast size from smallest to largest. then they would point out the girls flaws and laugh and play mental games with the pledges. The sisters would even say they wouldn’t be allowed to join there sorority if they’re body points didn’t mean there standards. A girl spoke out to ABC news saying ” I was forced to stand on a bench infant of a fraternity and everybody got to yell out parts of my body that needed work.” This happened to her in the 90’s and almost a decade later she still had emotional scars. After reading about hazings that have happened i wanted to fin out what happens to the people that get caught hazing. i learned on Cornell university that regardless of potential benefits if you haze someone harmfully physically or mentally that you will be expelled and can get in to big trouble by the law if anyone is injured in these hazings.
- The main point of Conan O’Brien’s speech is to inform the students that there going to fail sometime in there life and there going to be disappointed in there lives but through this they can build great things.
- The examples Conan makes are like how his dream was to have a late night tv show but then he learned that that wasn’t even his dreams and that other things were also one of his dreams.
- at the time this speech happened Conan O’Brien was a famous comedian and had his own late night tv show. during his speech he was telling a lot of jokes. These jokes were successful because they weren’t just jokes they had meaning behind it that impacted the graduate students positively.
- The point of J.K. Rowlings commencement speech is to inform the graduates of what she has learned through her life and what to always have in consideration and what to not be worried about. In this commencement speech Rowling talks about how you can benefit off of failure. Also that if you’re not taking chances that you won’t have the opportunities that you would get if you were taking chances.
- A key story she was talking about was where she used to work and how someone impacted her life. She used this motivation to help out her own life.
- The speeches J.K. Rowling is a famous author. She wrote the harry potter books. The stories she tells in her commencement speech are about her wanting to be an author but knowing that she might not get paid enough to be able to be what she wants to be and what she goes through to turn into a good author and also what she thought she was going to be doing when she was older. This shows that J.K. Rowling is a good writer and that her speech will probably be a serious but creative speech. It was exactly what you would of thought from a speech from her.
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not of lived at all.” J.K. Rowling said this while talking about having to take chances. I think this quote means that you have to take chances and risk failing to be successful in life and be happy with you’re life and if you don’t take chances that there is no point of living because you won’t be happy with what you have.